Recipe of the Month
Creamy Butternut with Nutmeg
YIELD: 36 ounces
10 MONTHS PLUS
4 pounds butternut squash (about 2 medium-sized butternuts or 1 really big one)
16 ounces water
8 ounces whole milk, hot
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400oF
- Cut the squash lengthwise. Remove seeds with a spoon.
- Place squash flesh side down on a sheet tray.
- Pour water onto the sheet tray.
- Roast approximately 60 to 75 minutes until tender. The squash should be bubbling and caramelized.
- Allow to cool 10 to 15 minutes so you can hold it without a problem.
- Spoon out the flesh and pour into the blender with hot milk and nutmeg. Puree until smooth.
- Pour into two ice cube trays and allow to cool.
- Wrap and freeze.